Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Watching Reruns of The Golden Girls

Thanks for the post from Noble Schultz

Ever since college, I've loved to watch reruns of The Golden Girls. I used to watch them with my college roommate. Back in those days, the show aired on the Lifetime channel. Right now, I think the reruns play on the WE channel. I watch The Golden Girls whenever I'm surfing the channels on the channels I get with the best satellite tv deals and I happen to stumble onto it.

My favorite character is Blanche Devereaux. She's a Southern belle. I like this character so much because I love her accent and the way she carries herself. All of the women on The Golden Girls defy stereotypes. On TV, older women are never portrayed as having a sex drive or being sexually attractive, but that isn't true of the women on The Golden Girls. Blanche has so many boyfriends, and she's in her sixties! I also love that she and all of her friends have social lives. They go out on dates and take vacations together. They always have each other's backs and are able to talk to one another about their problems. Though the show is more than twenty years old now, I feel like the comedy and the acting will never bore me.

No comments:

Post a Comment