Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Review: Dayhunter by Jocelynn Drake



Mira isn't your average vampire. Well, unless of course you consider a fire starter vampire normal. She's teamed up with a vampire hunter, one of her so-called makers, and a few other people that want her dead. But the crisis at hand is more important and they need her if they want to survive.

Mira doesn't want anyone to depend on her and she sure as hell doesn't want to have to depend on someone else. Or so she thought. When she decides to take Tristan under her wing and save him from his creator, she convinces herself that once the danger has diminished, they will go their separate ways. But as time passes she begins to question everything. She will have to put her trust in her enemies and she's less than comfortable with that idea. Is she capable of relying on someone else for help? Even the ones who wish her dead? She knows deep down that they all must put aside their differences and work together if they wish to defeat the naturi who will reek havoc on the entire planet. Can they work together if it means saving themselves and humanity?

The only problem I had with this book is that it came to an end and the next book in the series Dawnbreaker, won't to be released until September 29,2009



You can visit Jocelynn's site here.

You can purchase a copy of Dayhunter here.

You can purchase the first book in the Dark Days series, Nightwalker, here.

5 comments:

  1. So in the realm of vampire books, would you rate this better than, well what is your favorite? Just curious as other than watching my students carry around all the Twilight books, I am clueless to this genre and its popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely say that this is one of my favorites. I'm a huge fan of Kim Harrison, Karen Chance and Stepenie Meyer are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's totally different than Twilight though!

    These books are what I like to call: Balls Worthy

    They kick ass. Major ass. Am I allowed to say ass in comments? I say it on my blog...

    Hope I don't offend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bridget!

    Head over to my place, I have something for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting cover...I think this looks like a good book.

    here's my award for you: http://www.savvyverseandwit.com/2009/04/lovely-savvy-verse-wit.html

    ReplyDelete