Saturday, April 18, 2009

Review: Gone Away Into The Land by Jeffrey B. Allen




I just finished reading this book called "GoneAway Into The Land" by Jeffrey B. Allen. The author contacted me on Facebook and asked if I would review his book. I am so glad he did! It's an amazing story told with wonderful imagination.

GoneAway is the story of John, who is twelve years old and a victim of the abusive wrath of his father whom John renames, the Beast. The Beast takes off with John's younger sister, Marny. In order to save Marny, John and his mom venture into the Land. It is during their desperate search to find her that John decides he must destroy the Beast. Not only to protect himself and his mother from future abuse but to save his sister and the friends he has made in the Land. An evil plot developed by Minister Mengus may destroy the Land and everyone in it. Will John be able to save his sister and this new land he's come to love?

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who was once a kid. You will not be disappointed!

You can purchase a copy of the book here

You can visit the author's website here

2 comments:

  1. This one looks great. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I bet a lot of people will see this now and want to get the book like me. I think new authors especially appreciate bloggers like you!

    ReplyDelete