Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Enhancing my neighborhood watch

This guest post is courtesy of Christian Holms.

Our neighborhood is primarily comprised of working families. The neighborhood watch program is excellent in the evening when everyone is home. However, during the day when everyone is working, it seems to be lacking a bit. I worry about my kids. I have 2 teens and a 7 year old. When the 7 year old is home with one of the teens, would he know what to do in an emergency? What if someone tried to break in while they were home with no adults present? Well, we finally took a step to alleviate those concerns. We had a ADT security system installed. Now, if there's an emergency, the kids can simply push a button. It’s even linked to the smoke detectors. The alarm company asked for phone numbers to reach my husband or I. They will call emergency services, and then notify us. If one of the doors opens, the alarm announces that a door is open and which door. Should my 7 year old go out by the pool, I will know without having to keep an ear out for the "latch" of the door to click. This has already been such a peace of mind, I can't even tell you!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment