Friday, April 16, 2010

Author Guest Post: Lessons Learned: Loving Yourself As A Black Woman by Tinisha Nicole Johnson






Lessons Learned: Loving Yourself as a Black Woman discusses many of the issues and concerns women in their twenties, thirties, forties, and fifties face in their personal and professional life from sexism, racism, hair, balancing family, relationships, and much more. The book highlights ten life lessons that are of top priority when it comes to a black woman’s emotions, personal perceptions, and life in general. The book is written to inspire women of all ages, and invite them to realize that real happiness begins from the inside out. Although written specifically with the black woman in mind, many of the concepts in the book would benefit any woman.


Interview Questions:

When did you know that you wanted to be a writer?

English had always been my favorite subject in school. At the age of eleven is when I knew I wanted to be a writer. This was also the time I took my first creative writing class. I absolutely loved it. During the class, I knew what I’d be doing for the rest of my life.

Who has been your biggest inspiration?

Probably my mother. She’s like the sweetest person I know. She’s always full of energy. She amazes me. She’s a very giving person.

How do you create the characters in your books?  Are they based on people you know?

I try to get a story idea in my head first, and after I have that idea fixed, the characters just come in my mind. I try to be get really creative with my characters. Sometimes, I may base a character after someone I know, or would like to know.

What is the one book you think everyone should read?

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

If you weren’t a writer, what be your profession?

It’s hard to answer that, because I have such a great passion for writing. However, I’d probably have to say an actress.

If you could trade places with anyone in the world, past or present, real or fiction, who would it be and why?

Wow, that’s a hard one, but honestly no one. I’m grateful to be alive and live my own journey through life.

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have 3 things, what would they be?

A cell phone, a computer with internet, and another human being – alive that is.

What is your favorite movie of all time?

Don’t have one. I love the Lifetime Movie Network, and watch Lifetime movies all the time.

What is the one thing that you want all your fans to know?

That I really appreciate them.

If you could invite 5 people to dinner, who would they be and why?

Bob Proctor, Brian Tracy, Anthony Robbins, Jay-​Z, and Mary J. Blige. I’m a total self-​help junkie, and the first three people are top motivational inspirations to me. As far as Jay-​Z and Mary J. Blige, I’ve loved their music for years. They’ve also been around for awhile. I think it would be awesome to meet them both in person.




Tinisha Nicole Johnson is an author, writer, and poet. She resides in Denver, Colorado with her two children. Besides writing, Tinisha also hosts political and sports teleconferences as a profession. To date, Tinisha has written five books. She is also co-​founder of Authors Supporting Authors (ASA) a non-​profit group that provides support to other authors and promotes literacy. You can visit Tinisha’s website at: www.tinishanicolejohnson.com

Disclosure: I did not receive any form of compensation for this post. If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment