Monday, May 17, 2010

Driving

One major turning point in my life was when I passed the test and was handed my drivers license. The sense of freedom rang in my head and I felt like I was on top of the world. As most teen drivers I was excited and a little nervous because even if you do everything the way you are supposed to, that doesn't mean that you won't be in an accident. I was also terrified of getting a ticket. The first time I was pulled over, I was eighteen and I was so upset with myself. I was speeding but luckily I got off with a warning. I will be 28 this year and I have only been pulled over 3 times and each time I was able to walk away without getting a ticket. As soon as the cop got to my window I had my drivers license and Car Registrations ready. Two of the times I was pulled over it was for speeding. The one other time was because I went the wrong way down a one way street. A friend of mine was celebrating New Year's Eve and ended up calling me to come pick her up. I had only been to that apartment complex once and it was rainy and foggy out. After the cop asked me some questions, he thanked me for being sober and told me to be careful.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment