Friday, December 17, 2010

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE Review: The Happy Baker: A Girl's Guide To Emotional Baking




20+ 30+ years of dating fiascos
60+ down-home, comforting recipes
1 pink baking hammer, with apron and lip gloss to match
Many (many) bottles of wine
Too many tears
A whole lotta laughter
Yields: 1 very happy baker
We've all been there.
The blind date from hell. The Big Hurt.
The guy who details his various surgeries over Caesar salad on the first date.
Who needs a pint of rocky road when you can head to the kitchen and work out your heartache with a whisk and a bottle of wine? Erin Bolger has been there, dated that and baked through it all. Turns out the more bitter the heartbreak, the sweeter the batter. So don't cry over bad dates, bad boyfriends or bad breakups—whip up a batch of My-Mom-Didn't-Like-You-Anyway Cupcakes and bake yourself happy.

The Happy Baker is the perfect companion for an emotional person, especially those who love to bake.  I'm addicted to baked goods and I've found myself in the kitchen when something upsets me.  Baking is a great outlet for stress because you get to focus your energy on something and in the end, you get to scarf down a delicious treat!  I love Erin's book because she puts her heart and soul into her book and the recipes are amazing!  This would make a great gift. 





Harlequin
October 1, 2010
160 pages
$17.95 US

Visit the Happy Baker website
Read an excerpt



Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you make a purchase using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment