Monday, August 24, 2009

Review: There's More To Life Than A Corner Office by Lamar Smith

I'm always searching for good self-help books. I want to learn one new thing everyday, even if it's something as simple as a new word. I've had a thirst for learning for as long as I can remember and if anything, the feeling has became more potent with age. I'm constantly trying to figure out who I am and what I can do to make this world a better place. Sometimes it gets overwhelming and I feel like I'm being swallowed by this huge black hole. I want to do everything, help everyone and I get frustrated because that's impossible. I try to make sure I that I make a difference in any way I can. Whether it's picking up a lost dog and returning it to it's owners or smiling at someone who has beaten up by life. I've never believed that money equals happiness or that your job title defines who you are.

I consider myself very fortunate because I've never been a slave to the dollar. I've always known that having someone truly care about me and my well being means more than a bracelet from Tiffany's. I would rather my husband do a load of laundry than buy me a million diamonds. I want to be shown that I'm cared for by actions not wealth. This is an amazing book that I'm sure will help many people open their eyes about the life they lead and what they can do to become a happier person.

Check out the Improving Your Balance website here.

Friend Lamar on Facebook here.

Follow him on Twitter here.

Check out his blog here.

Thank you Imran from Meryl L. Moss Media Relations, Inc. for sending me this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment