Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Book Of Eli vs. The Road

Guest post written by my buddy Royce Heath

This is an interesting battle. The Road and The Book of Eli both have the same concept. There are a few differences, though. The Road is about a father and son trying to survive the aftermath of the apocalypse. The scenes are quiet and feel very real. And the ending is extremely powerful. The focus is on family more than anything else. Some people might not get the ending, but if you do get it, it hits home hard.

The Book of Eli, on the other hand, has a lot more action and fireworks. It's definitely not as psychological. And the message is completely different. The ending reveals this message, but there were several signs that hinted at this message as the movie moved forward.

I watched both of these movies on my Direct TV Deals on back-to-back nights. I wanted to make sure both movies were fresh in my mind before I made a decision on which was better. For me, the decision was actually pretty easy. While I appreciate the message in The Book of Eli, there was some bad acting, outrageous concepts, and an overall Mad Max feel. The Road was much more real. I know I used the word 'real' before, but that's the best way to describe it. Though highly disturbing at times, there was something very human about The Road.



Disclosure: This post is brought to you by http://www.tvbydirect.com/.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment