Thursday, March 24, 2011

Events

When I was in high school, I had the coolest job.  I worked at the arena and got to see many hockey games, concerts, etc.  One of the most important things that I had to deal with was crowd control.  I still remember working a Backstreet Boys concert and having to keep the crowd back so the guys could get on their bus.  Using regular barricades wasn't really an option when you have two hundred screaming teenage girls ready to make a run for their dream guys.

There were only a couple times that I took tickets at the front of the arena where the stanchions and velvet ropes are kept.  That part wasn't nearly as fun as being part of the action.  One of my favorite performances was John Mellencamp.  He put on an awesome show!  I was so glad when one of the supervisors asked me to stand right by the stage and guard some wires.  I had so many great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment