Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Cult to Remember

I've always had a fascination with cults.  How one person can bend so many others to their will has always been intriguing.  


The Following - I started watching The Following when it first premiered and it's an addicting show.  Joe Carroll is leading a huge following that includes police officers, FBI agents and more.  His cult basis is the work of Edgar Allen Poe.  If you haven't checked the show out yet, it's on Fox and I highly recommend it.


The Twelve by Howard & Susan Kaminsky - I read this book several years ago but it still has a special place in my brain.  It's about a group of twelve kids that were "rescued" from a cult when their home burnt down.  Everything is looking bright for these kids until five years later when they all disappear and wreak havoc on society.  I loved this book!


Disclosure: I did not receive any form of compensation for this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment