Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE Review: The Last Airbender on DVD


The Last Airbender staring Dev Patel and Noah Ringer and directed by M. Night Shyamalan is an adventure film that takes place in a fantasy world.  There are different tribes and each has the ability to control one of four elements: air, water, earth and fire.  The "Avatar" is the one person who can control all four at the same time. 

The Avatar disappeared and many believed that he was dead.  When a brother and sister find a boy frozen in ice, they soon learn that the Avatar is alive and it doesn't take long before the three join together to change the fate of their world.  The Fire Nation King is determined to rule over all the tribes and the only one with the power to stop him is the Avatar.  Their journey with be difficult but they are determined to fight for their freedom.

The special effects were amazing.  I was very impressed with the scenery and fight scenes.  Watching the elements crash into the enemy was a lot of fun.  I didn't get to see it in 3D but I'm sure it's even better than watching the 2D version.

The acting was good.  I would have liked to have gotten to know the main characters better but that didn't keep me from enjoying this movie.

I absolutely loved this movie.  If you like fantasy and adventure, this is a must see movie.  Plus, they left the ending open, so I'm expecting a sequel.



Visit the website
Like the movie on Facebook

Disclosure: I did not receive any form of compensation for this post.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment