Sunday, October 3, 2010

Review: Break The Sky by David Luders



It is 750 years ago. Coming across a tranquil island world, Tongan seafarers discover its hallowed narcotic drink forbidden to all but local chiefs. Proposing to take it home to their ruler, they set off fierce disputes. At the same time, the romance of a high chief's daughter and a young man of modest birth brings scandal and punishment.

By subterfuge a trade in the drug begins, though the means of growing the sacred plant is jealously guarded. The trade grows; in distant Tonga's island empire, rulers change. When forces are sent to seize the hallowed plant there is violent resistance and they fail.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book.  I liked it even better than the first, Led by the Stars.  It's powerful and exciting. 

RealTime Publishing
9781849610544
May 30, 2010
142 pages
$14.95 US





Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for free. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment