Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Digital Scrapbook For People In The Military

When I married a man who was entering the military, I knew that it was going to be hard.  I also knew how important it was to send him things to remind him of what he had waiting for him at home.  This was especially important when he was in Afghanistan.  I can't imagine being in a war environment, but I knew he needed a little something to help brighten his day. I wrote him a letter every single day and included jokes, poems or pictures.

When I found out that they had internet access, I did a lot of research and figured out how to make a digital scrapbook.  I still remember the first one that I sent him and how excited he was.  He really liked that he didn't have to wait on the postal service and was able to see what I created right away.  Of course, he enjoyed seeing me, friends and of course, our puppy.

My dad was in the Navy and he made sure that I understood how hard it was on James.  What some people don't think about is hard it is on loved ones.  I found that writing a letter everyday and being creative by making a digital scrapbook, it helped me feel close to him even if only for a little while.   

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment