Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review: Death at the Chateau Bremont by M.L. Longworth


Introducing a seductive new mystery series set in Provence-featuring chief magistrate Antoine Verlaque.

Set in charming and historic Aix-en-Provence, France, Death at the Château Bremont introduces readers to Antoine Verlaque, the handsome and seductive chief magistrate of Aix, and his on-again, off- again love interest, law professor Marine Bonnet. When local nobleman Etienne de Bremont falls to his death from the family château, the town is abuzz with rumors. Verlaque suspects foul play and must turn to Marine for help when he discovers that she had been a close friend of the Bremonts. This is a lively whodunit steeped in the rich, enticing, and romantic atmosphere of southern France.


A couple of weekends ago, I was in the mood to read a mystery and decided to grab my copy of Death at the Chateau Bremont by M.L. Longworth.  It took a little while for me to really get into the story, but once I did, I was fully entertained.  What I enjoyed most about this book was the historical setting and trying to figure out who did it before I got to that part of the book.  If you are a mystery lover, I'm sure you will enjoy Death at the Chateau Bremont. 

Visit the author's website



No comments:

Post a Comment