Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: Cars 2


Star racecar Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) and the incomparable tow truck Mater (voice of Larry the Cable Guy) take their friendship to exciting new places in “Cars 2” when they head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world’s fastest car.  But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage.  Mater finds himself torn between assisting Lightning McQueen in the high-profile race and towing the line in a top-secret mission orchestrated by master British super spy Finn McMissile (voice of Michael Caine) and the stunning rookie field spy Holley Shiftwell (voice of Emily Mortimer).  Mater’s action-packed journey leads him on an explosive chase through the streets of Japan and Europe, trailed by his friends and watched by the whole world.  The fast-paced fun includes a colorful new all-car cast, complete with menacing villains and international racing competitors.


I received tickets to an advance screening of Cars 2 and decided to take my nephew, Damien.  My sister (MamaKnows) and Krista (You Wanna Know What I Think?...) ended up receiving tickets too, so we ended up going together.  I was really excited about seeing this movie because I absolutely loved the first one.  I was also really looking forward to seeing the look on Damien's and Jordan's face.  When we arrived at the theater, both boys got the Cars Snack Pack:


The advance tickets we received said first come, first serve, so we got there early and had to sit outside of the theater for a while.  The boys didn't seem to mind at all.


Me and Nikki were so ready to get in and get seated but we kept our calm pretty well if I do say so myself.


Once we were in our seats and comfortable, the fun started.  The kids were cracking me up and they were both really well behaved.  Once the previews started I was able to see their little faces light up and their excitement made me feel really good.  During the movie, they were both engrossed in the movie for a long time.

I really enjoyed Cars 2.  It had a James Bond-type theme and was absolutely hilarious.  The animation was out of this world!  When I found out that this movie was being shown in 3D, I was a little concerned.  Mostly because the movies I had previously seen in 3D weren't very good.  This is not the case with Cars 2.  I don't think I'll ever be able to watch it without my 3D glasses!

Even though Cars 2 was a lot different than the first film, it did live up to my expectations.  I know that we will be adding this movie (on Blu-ray) to our collection once it is released.




Website and Mobile Site:           Disney.com/cars
Like us on Facebook:                facebook.com/pixarcars
Follow us on Twitter:                  twitter.com/disneypixar

No comments:

Post a Comment