Sunday, April 24, 2011

Give Every Night New Flavor



I love to cook but at the same time, I don't always have the time to make a big, extravagant meal.  As soon as I saw the recipe for the Italian Chicken Packets for Two, I knew I had found the perfect dinner solution. 


Ingredients

  • 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
  • 1/2 cup (1/2 of 14.5-oz can) drained Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup light Italian dressing ON SALE
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 breasts = 10 oz)

Nutrition Information*

Serving Size 2 servings (1 breast and 1 cup vegetables each)
Calories 264

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine broccoli, drained tomatoes and dressing in medium bowl.
  2. For each packet, lay two 20x12-inch sheets of regular foil on top of each other.
  3. Place 1 chicken breast on each foil packet. Spoon broccoli and tomato mixture equally over each chicken breast. Bring up short sides of each foil packet and double fold top. Double fold both ends to seal each packet, leaving space for steam to gather.
  4. Place packets on baking sheet; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Carefully open ends of packets to allow steam to escape before fully opening.
The Give Every Night New Flavor website is full of easy meal ideas and I love how you can add coupons to your Kroger plus card right from their website.  One of the first things I noticed when I found this meal is that in the ingredients, it tells you if that product is on sale, which saves a lot of time.  Plus, you can add the ingredients to your shopping list while browsing the site.  The "share recipe" feature is nice too because it allows you to let your friends know about this simple meal easily. 






I was really impressed with how easy the Italian Chicken Packets were to make.  This is a meal that I will make over and over again.  The only thing I changed in the recipe was that I didn't use plain broccoli.  I meant to but I accidentally picked up broccoli and cheese in the freezer section.  All I know is that the finished product was oh-so-yummy.


Like ConAgra Foods on Facebook
Like Collective Bias on Facebook

Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias.  All opinions are 100% mine.

3 comments:

  1. YUM! Hope you have an amazing day! :) Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this recipe and one of the main reasons is it looks easy to clean up with the foil and of course it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete