Monday, March 15, 2010

Celebrity Baby Names

One thing I love about finding out that someone is pregnant is picking out baby names. Isn't it funny how you don't even know the baby when their name is picked out but now every time you hear that name, you think of that child. When I was younger, I used to hate my name (Bridget for those who don't know). I thought my name was stupid and too grown up sounding. Now though, I love it because it suits me. My main concern when discussing baby names with someone is making sure that the child will not be teased by other children. Kids can be cruel and I don't want a child to have to go through feeling stupid, especially if it is something that can be helped. I got teased because of my first and last name, so it was a double dose.

It's really weird how you haven't heard a name before but then it's like everyone who has a baby is using that name? It's like the names just pop out of nowhere and are instantly popular. I have fallen in love with some celebrity baby names and others I can't help but feel sorry for the child. How do celebrities choose their baby's name? Is there some kind of multiple choice test that tells you what name should be given. If you choose "A" your child will be average, choose "B" and your child will be weird but brilliant, option "C" means that your child will be unthinkably popular.

My friend Krista made a good point. We were watching an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and she said, have you ever thought about how unique these names are. Neither of us went to school with anyone named Buffy, Willow, Cordelia, Oz...
How is it that certain names are popular forever and others go in and out of style?

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment