Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I See

I don't know what people did before eye glasses and contacts came around. I can't imagine not being able to see my nephew give me a kiss or reach for me. I can't imagine missing out on some of Reese's cute expressions, yes, my dogs have expressions. If I was unable to read, I don't know what I would do. I think it's reading that keeps me sane (or as sane as I can be). It's a constant reminder that I can get away from the life I lead and become someone totally knew without really having to change. I can visit make believe planets or solve crimes without having to actually leave the earth or see dead bodies. My favorite "escapes" are the ones that include vampires, werewolves, witches, etc. I can't get enough the Urban Fantasy and Paranormal books. I know that it would be possible to learn and read braille and listen to audio books but it just wouldn't be the same. I have been pretty fortunate when it comes to my eyes. I use reading glasses for some books and when I'm on the computer but that usually just happens if I've been staring at small print all day without a break.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment