Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Educational Games

Thanks to guest blogger Alice Bolin for the post.

Introducing one's child to our hughes internet North Dakotaconnection is a tricky task. We got great hughesnet dealsso that I could teach my child to use the internet. You want your child to use this educational tool, but for the right purposes. As a parent, there are ways that I have exposed my children to the hughes satelliteinternet in safe and fun ways. One of these ways is by playing number games online.

My kids know that I am very strict with the internet usage in our home. We only have one computer that I monitor, and the kids can only use satellite internet after consulting with me. There is only one use of the internet in our home, and that is for computer educational games. In particular, my kids love playing number games that strengthen their math skills. They have found some of the coolest number games online. One number game features a bunch of monkeys that need to eat bananas, and the object of the game is to feed all of the monkeys. In order to do that, my kids need to either add or subtract bananas from a basket and bring them to the correct monkey.

Even though I am strict with the internet, I know that it is only for the best interest of my children. I think it is better to be a bit overprotective, than to be too relaxed and see my kids on sites they should not be visiting.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment