Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Learning Daily

Until recently I didn't know much about the internet. I still don't know everything, but I'm learning new things daily. We weren't allowed to have internet in the church I grew up in so like I said, until recently I knew nothing about it.

I've never given any thought to what went behind the websites that I visit. How they were created and all that. I didn't even know that in order to create a website you had to use a website hosting provider. Needless to say I found out all this stuff when I started my blog, but I never dove any deeper into finding out exactly how it all works.

I still don't know much about it because computer lingo is not in my vocabulary very well, but I've learned that you can use different webhosting providers based on your computer system. And you can find out the different ratings of each website hosting provider using a web hosting rating directory to make sure you get the most for what you need.

While I probably won't think anymore about this at the moment, because it starts to give me a headache, it's good knowledge to have in case I need to start another website in the future.

Posted by Krista.

2 comments:

  1. I am just curious, what church does not allow the internet? It is so hard to keep kids safe with them surfing the internet, its not a bad rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My previous religion was Apostolic. It's similar to Pentecostal but a lot more strict. The internet can be very dangerous for children and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that just yet. :-) My son's 2 and our second isn't born yet.

    ReplyDelete