Sunday, April 3, 2011

Jewellery

As a girl, I was obsessed with jewelry.  For my fourth birthday, my mom let me get my ears pierced.  I was so happy and felt like a big girl.  I would finally be able to wear different earrings and that meant the world to me.  One thing I love about my mom is that she never lied to me.  I asked her if getting my ears pierced would hurt and she told me that it would.  This prepared me for the experience and I am very grateful that she cared enough to tell me the truth.  When I walked out of the jewelry store with earrings in my ears, I felt like a new person.  I can still remember my favorite pair of earrings, they dangled and had lots of colorful circles.

In middle school, I had an extensive earring collection and wore a different pair every day.  Even as an adult I get a thrill out of getting a new stylish necklace or pair of earrings.  It doesn't have to be an excessively expensive pair, I'm just as happy when I get a pair of $10 earrings as I am when they cost $100.

The most exciting jewelry purchase of my life was when I went shopping for mens jewellery.  I visited so many different websites and stores to find the perfect ring for my husband.  He doesn't really wear jewelry, but I knew his wedding ring would practically be glued to his finger.  It took me weeks to finally decide which ring would be "the ring".  It was totally worth it when I put it on his finger while saying our vows.  I think my love for jewelry was all to lead me up to that day.  The day that I would give and receive the most important jewelry of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment