Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Renovations

My husband and I are living in an apartment complex at the moment and plan to stay here until we can save up to purchase our dream home. We have been watching a lot of the Do-It-Yourself channel and I'm convinced when it comes time to put a down a down payment on our new home, we will end up doing some renovations ourselves. I have seen so many beautiful projects come together and it would be really nice to have a place that is designed just for us. I know that we won't be able to do every single project on our own and we will end up hiring people from a Floor company and landscaping business.  I do really like the idea of putting our own blood, sweat and tears in the place that we will probably live for the rest of our lives.  We both loathe moving so hopefully the next move will be the last.  The rooms that I will work on the most will probably be my office and my library.  I've always wanted a room filled with built-in bookcases, a comfy chaise lounge and a funky floor lamp. I get really excited when I think about this. Hopefully it will become a reality within the next couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment