Thursday, September 15, 2011

Making A Difference With #WalgreensGives

Thanks to Walgreens for sponsoring my writing. Help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote.



For as long as I can remember I have wanted to make a difference.  It's really important to me that I do what I can to make the world a better place.  Even as a child, I felt this way and it has become even more intense as I age.  I enjoy being able to lend a hand, whether it's financially or with my time.  Any items that I can no longer use, I try to find someone who would benefit from having it.  In my community, I have served food to the homeless, given Christmas presents to children at orphanages and donated cash to local charities.  Each time that I am able to do something, even the smallest gesture makes me feel like life is worth living.  I don't feel like myself unless I am able to help.  In my life, I have had hard times and if it hadn't been for someone giving back, I don't know how I would have made it.  I think this just reinforces my beliefs.

There are so many different ways to give back and once you do it, it becomes second-nature.  There are a lot of programs that help you give back to your community without having to spend a lot of money or give up much of your time.  You can donate old cell phones to give to women who are being abused.  Instead of throwing away clothes that you don't wear any more, drop them off at St. Vincent de Paul.  If you enjoy knitting, knit some sweaters and give them to a homeless shelter.    Don't throw away your expired coupons, send them to men and women in the military because they can use them for up to six months after the expiration date.  How do you give back or plan on giving back to your community? 


Don't forget to help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment