Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hair Loss

Hair Loss affects people of all ages, sexes and races. I actually had bald patches at one point. I had been through a divorce and was stressed to the max. I ended up going to the dermatologist to find out what was wrong with me. When the doctor came in and told me that I had Alopecia, I was ready to burst into tears. Alopecia can be caused by heredity and by stress. No one in my family suffered from this as know so it must have been caused by stress. What happens is, the body notices hair follicles and it doesn't recognize them as belonging to you, so it lets them go. Some people are able to regrow their hair and never have another episode. Others are unable to reproduce the hair in that specific spot and may end up losing hair in other spots as well. Luckily, after receiving injections and using a special mousse, I was able to grow hair in those spots and I have not had a repeat problem. I understand where people are coming from when they complain about hair loss and think about getting hair loss treatment. Male hair loss is the most common but it does happen to women as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment