Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Need Some Cash?

There have been a couple times in my life when I have been in desperate need of upfront cash. Living paycheck to paycheck isn't always easy and when an emergency pops up, it can not only physically drain you, it can actually harm you. One time I was having extreme pain in my mouth. I went to the dentist and found out that my wisdom tooth was coming in crooked and pushing against my other tooth. The problem was, I had only been at my job for a couple of weeks and my dental insurance wouldn't kick in until I had been there ninety days. The pain became more and more unbearable and I had no idea what I was going to do. This tooth was still below the gum line so I would have to be put under during the removal. It cost over $800. That's a whole lot of money to a recent high school graduate who was about to start college and just started working full time. I could only afford half of the payment at the time and I had not been on my job long enough to be approved for a cash advance. I'm so blessed to have wonderful parents who went helped me tremendously by filling out an application and borrowing the money to loan to me. I was able to get my tooth out and I was able to pay back the loan my parents were given. You never know what cards you will be dealt in the future but it's nice to know that if a problem comes up, there are cash advance places to turn to.

No comments:

Post a Comment