Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vroom Vroom

When I got my first car, I remember being so excited and proud of myself.  I was only eighteen years old and I bought myself a brand new car without having a co-signer.  The freedom and accomplished feeling was something brand new and I was on top of the world.  When I received my car number plates it finally sunk in that I had my own form of transportation and therefore I didn't need to rely on anyone to get from point a to point b.  When I went looking for a car, I had a few rules for myself.  I did not want a two door because it's a pain when you have people riding in the backseat.  The wintertime can get pretty bad where I live, so I didn't want a rear-wheel-drive car.  Most of all though, I didn't want a stick shift.  I still don't know how to drive a stick.  Someday I may learn but for now, I'm spoiled with an automatic.  I don't drive very often anymore.  I was in a pretty bad car wreck and I sometimes have panic attacks at the thought of driving.  It's sad because I used to love driving around, listening to music and having some "me" time.  I'm hoping to kick that feeling and go back to cruising around.   



Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment