Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Q & A With Author Scott Ginsberg



When did you know that you wanted to be a writer?
Since I was seven years old. There was never a question. And there was never a "going to be," only an "already was." I've never not been a writer.

Who has been your biggest inspiration?
Three people come to mind. First, my parents. My life is a thank you in perpetuity to them. Second, my mentors. They've taught me everything I know. Last, people I meet each day. They fuel me with purpose to matter.

How do you create the characters in your books?  Are they based on people you know?
There is only one character in my books: Me. I write from experience. I make no bones about. And I write books as if I'm writing a letter to myself. I do this because I need to learn the material and because it assures I know my audience.

What is the one book you think everyone should read?
The War of Art is the single most important book on creativity in the history of time.

If you weren’t a writer, what be your profession?
Yoga instructor, therapist or rock star.

If you could trade places with anyone in the world, past or present, real or fiction, who would it be and why?
I want to be John Mayer for one day. The dude is a brilliant guitarist, has what appears to be a great life and does whatever he wants artistically.

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have 3 things, what would they be?
Journal. Ipod. Guitar.

What is your favorite movie of all time?
Shawshank.

What is the one thing that you want all your fans to know?
I have no intention of stopping. Ever. I will write until I die, possibly after I die.

If you could invite 5 people to dinner, who would they be and why?
Adam Duritz - best songwriter alive.
Robbin Williams - it would just be so entertaining
Lao Tzu - huge fan of his philosophy.
My girlfriend - her laugh makes my heart sing
Bill Jenkins - one of my mentors who is always right about everything


Visit Scott's website



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment