Monday, November 29, 2010

Twlight Zone and Turkey

Thanks to Ricardo Mullins

Thanksgiving is here, time to break out the turkey, mashed potatoes and watch the Twilight Zone marathon. Unfortunately the normal network stations in their infinite quest to shot themselves in the foot every chance they get have stopped having this hallmark of true Americana. Nowadays, though, I catch the marathon on one of the many TV by Direct stations out there.

Oh, how I can hardly wait: Gravy smothered mashed potatoes, and Time enough at last. (you know the one I am talking about, the one with Burgess Meredith and all those books) My mouth starts to salivate when I think about the cranberry sauce and watching To Serve Man. (again, you know, "it's a cook book') My stomach rumbles when I think about the salted buttered corn on the cob and getting my yearly dose of The Obsolete Man. (you might not actually know this one, but you should check it out anyway.)

So, much food to eat on thanksgiving and so many excellent episodes of Twilight zone to watch. Tradition aside for a moment and speaking strictly about this series. I honestly believe Rod Serling gave us some of the finest television possible. Where else but during the Twlight Zone marathon can one get a good dose of Sci-Fi and horror and mystery, all in two hours? Yes, Twlight Zone and Turkey, nothing is better than that at Thanksgiving.



Disclosure:  This post is brought to you by http://www.tvbydirect.com/.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment