Monday, July 25, 2011

My #OreIdaFries #Sweetpotato Experience


On Saturday, I went to my local Sam's Club to pick up some Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries.  I have only heard good things about this new product and I was in the mood to try something new.  My sister met me there because she had some shopping to do.  We went straight to the freezer aisle where I found exactly what I was looking for.  What really shocked me is that I was able to purchase a four pound bag for only $7.48! I'm a sucker for a good deal, so I stored this in my memory bank for the next time I go grocery shopping. 


Before I arrived at the store, I had made up my mind that I should eat them with some honey mustard dipping sauce. Luckily, I already had a bottle of mustard and a bottle of honey at home. 

A little bit after I walked into my home, I was in the mood for a snack and very excited to get a taste of these fries. When they finished cooking, I let them cool while I made my honey mustard.



I prefer to make my own honey mustard because then I can combine the perfect amount of honey and mustard.  To make this honey mustard, I measured out 1/4 cup of mustard and added some honey.  I just eyeball it so I can't give an exact measurement.  It's better to use not enough honey because you can always stir it, taste it and then add more honey.  Keep doing that until you have it just the way you like it.  I was really looking forward to this snack and was happy with the final result. 


The fries were so good! I had never actually ate a sweet potato or sweet potato fries. I was interested to see how they would taste and I couldn't believe that it took me so long to try something like this! The next time my husband and I host a get together, I will be sure to make Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries and honey mustard. I'm sure it will be a hit!

You can check out my Intersect story here.

This project has been compensated as part of a #OreIdaFries shopping mission for Heinz with #CollectiveBias. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

1 comment: