Saturday, November 6, 2010

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE Review: If I Could Keep You Little... by Marianne Richmond




Marianne Richmond brings you this sweet, inspiring book will speak straight to a parent’s heart, exploring the powerful feeling that every parent has, the push/pull feeling of wanting your child to grow and savoring and holding on to every moment. If I Could Keep You Little exemplifies Marianne Richmond’s real insights into the human spirit. This picture book showcases Marianne’s beloved artwork, which beautifully illustrates these complex emotions, along with her insightful prose, both of which are sure to be cherished for generations to come. Taking the reader on a journey of memory and expectation, the book showcases the fleeting little moments that reveal how a child changes and grows.

When you are close to a child, you realize how fast time really goes.  It seems like only yesterday I was helping care for my nephew after he was born.  He's three now and I have no idea where the time went.  If I Could Keep You Little is not only something I thought when looking at Damien, it's also a great book.  I read it to him and he followed along and looked up at me smiling.  It's a beautiful reminder of what it's like to love a child.

Sourcebooks, Incorporated
9781402255595
November 1, 2010
32 pages
$15.99 US

Visit Marianne's website and blog
Like her on Facebook

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for free. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. If you make a purchase using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment