Sunday, September 13, 2009

Review: Living in the Rear View Mirror by Kim Vazquez


Living In The Rear View Mirror is a story of one woman's determination to live a more fulfilling life. Kim is an amazing and very likable woman. I truly felt like I had found someone who actually understood me. The way Kim described herself, the events in her life and how she turned it all around was almost identical to the person I was just a few years ago and the person that I have become.

I have never liked to sit down and have a discussion about my feelings which is why you guys don't know a whole lot about me. I admitted myself into a psych ward in 2006. I felt like I had no one and nothing to live for. I didn't attempt suicide or even have feelings about killing myself. I was just in so much emotional pain that I couldn't take it. And then I stubbed my toe and for one split second all the hate I felt toward myself disappeared. That's when thoughts of hurting myself began. I wanted to die but didn't have the courage to take my own life. Finally, when I couldn't take it anymore, I asked my mom if she would drive me to the hospital, which she did. I honestly believe that checking myself in was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Bad things happen to good people. It's a fact of life. But one thing I learned was that I didn't have to let that bad thing control my life. I learned that my thought process was totally off kilter. It all happened so slowly that it was almost as if I woke up one morning and hated life. I still struggle occasionally with rearranging my thoughts but I have faith in myself and I know that I am a fighter and I am strong and I will survive (hey, hey). Anyway, if you ever feel doomed or just need someone to talk to, I'm here. I'm the most non-judgmental person and I don't go off running my mouth. If it's not my place to say something, I won't say it. Which is why I didn't go into detail about the family issues I'm going through right now. It's not place to tell you what happened.

So anyway, about this book. If you've ever felt depressed, you should read this book. It is an amazing story of recovery and Kim lets readers know that they are not alone and the power to change is possible. It won't be easy and it won't be fun. But once you make it to the other side, you see the beauty in life that you were previously blind to.

I encourage you to meet Kim by reading her book and following her steps to emotional healing.



Q & A
When did you know that you wanted to be a writer: In 2007 I received guidance that I was to write a book. When I wrote my first draft I felt more in alignment with my purpose and my calling than I had ever felt in my life. I remember reading back over some of the things I’d written and being amazed. I didn’t remember half of what I’d written. I knew then. It was exhilarating!
Who has been your biggest inspiration? In life, my Mom. In writing, Doreen Virtue. I made a decision to change my life after reading a book of hers. I’m hoping my book will do the same for others.
How do you create the characters in your books?  Are they based on people you know? All the characters in my first book were real people. I have one fictional book that I’m working on and the characters have created themselves. The only way to explain it is to say that I can see them in my head; I know who they are and what they act like. They’re not based upon people I know…yet. I do know some people in real life whose personalities just scream to be characters.
What is the one book you think everyone should read? Any one of The Convoluted Universe books by Delores Cannon. They stretch the mind.
If you weren’t a writer, what be your profession? Spiritual counselor. I teach people one on one how to live connected to their guidance.
If you could trade places with anyone in the world, past or present, real or fiction, who would it be and why? I’d like to be one of the early humans to arrive on Earth because I believe their souls were still full of the presence of the Creator. I believe they enjoyed a natural spirituality heightened by clear divine guidance, that they had the ability to empathically understand each other’s feelings and were highly compassionate. How cool would it be to experience that?
If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have 3 things, what would they be? A solar powered Ipod loaded with thousands of songs. My husband. Water.
What is your favorite movie of all time? I have a four-way tie. Legends of the Fall, Crash, The Matrix, and Tombstone.
What is the one thing that you want all your fans to know?
If life is hard for you and you long to be happy, you can be.  A better life is available to all who seek it.
If you could invite 5 people to dinner, who would they be and why?
Jesus. To listen, to be in his presence, and experience his energy. Edgar Cayce. I think he’d be fascinating to talk to.  Will Smith. He seems delightful. I love his wit and his contagious enthusiasm, and I can see his spirituality. Oprah. Because her life experience is so vast. I’d love to hear about the moments she can pinpoint in her life when she received guidance, followed that guidance, and what the result was. Those are my favorite stories to listen to. Adam Sandler. He just makes me smile.
Thank you again! Peace & Love,
Kim Vazquez
Book Information:
Publisher: Mill City Press, Inc.
June 2009
284 pages



Visit Kim's websites here and here.

Purchase the book here and email me the receipt at bjhopper(at)me(dot)com and you will receive 100 extra entries into any one of my giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment