Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review: Dark Song by Gail Giles


Mark said he heard the dark song when he creeped houses. The song the predator's heart sings when it hears the heart of the prey. I heard it now. Mark said it had always been in me. Lurking. Waiting for me to hear.

Ames is not the person she was a few months ago. Her father lost his job, and her family is crumbling apart. Now, all she has is Marc. Marc, who loves her more than anything. Marc, who owns a gun collection. And he'll stop at nothing--even using his guns--to get what he wants. Ames feels her parents have betrayed her with their lies and self-absorption, but is she prepared to make the ultimate betrayal against them?

This is the first book of Gail's that I have read and I am now hooked!  My advice is to make sure you set aside ample time to read the entire book because once you start, you won't stop until every last word is read.  Young Adult fans everywhere have to read Dark Song.

Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
September 7, 2010
292 pages
$16.99 US

Visit Gail's website and blog
Find out how she wrote this book here






Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment