Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Review: Days of our Lives 45 Years: A Celebration in Photos



The official anniversary celebration book of the beloved soap that draws 3 million daily viewers

Days of our Lives 45th Anniversary Treasury is an unprecedented photographic journey behind the scenes of the longest running scripted program in NBC's history, Days of our Lives. Using never-before-seen images of cast, crew, sets and styling from 1965 to 2010, the proverbial "4th wall" is broken for an extraordinary look inside the studio, including hair and make-up routines, wardrobe fittings, technical preparation, and taping of an episode, all until the director says "it's a wrap!" Additionally, original pages from scripts, archived photos and some of the earliest set designs are combined with contemporary elements to vividly demonstrate how Days of our Lives's past has truly set the stage for current and future success.

Days of our Lives first premiered in 1965 and expanded to a one-hour 10 years later. The show's success derives from its commitment to excellence in storytelling-supported by a diverse ensemble of performers. Days of our Lives is produced by Corday Productions Inc. in association with Sony Pictures Television.

I can remember rushing home from school so that I wouldn't miss too much of Days of our Lives with my mom. As soon as I saw that this book was coming out, I knew I had to have it. As soon as it came in the mail, I showed it to my mom and her eyes lit up like she was a kid in a candy store. We were both amazed at how great the pictures were and it was fun to look back at something that reminded me of how great it was to be a kid. This would be the perfect gift for the soap-opera-lover in your life.

Sourcebooks
9781402243493
November 8, 2010
256 pages
$29.99 US








Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment