Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Review: Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love by Larry Levin



In the bestselling tradition of Rescuing Sprite comes the story of a puppy brought back from the brink of death, and the family he adopted.

In 2002, Larry Levin and his twin sons, Dan and Noah, took their terminally ill cat to the Ardmore Animal Hospital outside Philadelphia to have the beloved pet put to sleep. What would begin as a terrible day suddenly got brighter as the ugliest dog they had ever seen--one who was missing an ear and had half his face covered in scar tissue--ran up to them and captured their hearts. The dog had been used as bait for fighting dogs when he was just a few months old. He had been thrown in a cage and left to die until the police rescued him and the staff at Ardmore Animal Hospital saved his life. The Levins, whose sons are themselves adopted, were unable to resist Oogy's charms, and decided to take him home.

Heartwarming and redemptive, OOGY is the story of the people who were determined to rescue this dog against all odds, and of the family who took him home, named him "Oogy" (an affectionate derivative of ugly), and made him one of their own.


I am a HUGE dog-lover.  I will never understand how some people can be so cruel to a helpless animal.  This book made me cry so hard but it also made me smile.  It's amazing how a dog can come into your life and change you just because you took the time to look at them.  My dogs are not pets, they are a member of my family.  I take care of them and they take care of me.  They are my Oogy.  If you are an animal lover, you HAVE to read this amazing story.




Grand Central Publishing
9780446546317
10/12/2010
224 pages
$19.99/$22.50




Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.








Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment