Monday, September 20, 2010

Review: Bobo's Daughter: One Woman's Journey to Find Hope, Healing, and the Father behind the Face Paint









Bonnie Barnett first met her father, Bobo the clown, at the circus when she was 4 years old. Raised by her single mother, the circus’ first girl clown, Bobo was absent from Bonnie’s young life. From their first meeting at the circus to their emotional reconnection shortly before Bobo’s death, “Bobo’s Daughter” recounts Barnett’s struggles growing up without a father and the peace and forgiveness she found in finally meeting the “father behind the face paint.” Now a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Barnett shares her story, set against a unique and flamboyant backdrop, to encourage the importance of reconciling with and forgiving others. 

My dad plays a huge role in my life still to this day.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have a strained relationship with him.  I applaud Bonnie and her ability to forgive her father who was almost completely absent from her life.  I was able to see what it was like to grow up in Bonnie's world and I feel like I learned a lot from her.  Her strength and ability to put her feelings on paper is amazing.  I really enjoyed her memoir.
 
Synergy Books
September 14, 2010
232 pages
$23.95 US

Visit the website
Read an excerpt
Follow Bobo's Daughter on Twitter
Like Bobo's Daughter on Facebook





Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from Phenix & Phenix.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment