Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Review: High Holiday Stories: Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur Thoughts on Family, Faith and Food



The High Holidays are the most important festivals of the Jewish year, and all Jews have their own memories of thses special days. It's a time to remember, a time to be with families, and a time to tell stories about past generations. And you don't need to be Jewish to appreciate this, because the 21st centruy is a much smaller world, with many different faiths coming together. High Holiday Stories is filled with 101 heartfelt holiday remembrances, from famous people, and some only known in their own circle of family and friends. They recount varied Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur experiences, from observing the holiday in the Colorado Rockies to Army bases in Iraq, even online in L.A. The stories come from people of all ages, all professions, from New York to California, New Zealoand to England.

For me the High Holiday are an opportunity to connect with people I love and a chance to make amends to those I may have hurt, recalls Nancy Rips. It's my busiest time of year!


This was a fun collection that reminded me of different times in my life.  I'm not jewish but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy learning about others' family, friends and events.  I love Nancy's voice and really enjoyed taking a look at her world.

Frederick Fell Trade
9780883911914
September 1, 2010
192 pages
$16.95 US






Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from Susannah Greenberg Public Relations.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment