Monday, August 16, 2010

Review: The Wolf of Tebron (Book1) in The Gates of Heaven Series








Following in the footsteps of fantasy greats like J. K. Rowling, C. S. Lewis, and J.R.R. Tolkien, C. S. Lakin tackles the ancient struggle of good versus evil in her multi-part “Gates of Heaven” series. The first installment, The Wolf of Tebron, follows a young blacksmith’s journey to rescue his wife who is held captive by evil forces. During his travels, Joran befriends a powerful wolf who encourages, protects, and sacrifices his life to save his human friend. An allegory of God’s unconditional love, The Wolf of Tebron features quotes from the Bible and famous thinkers such as G. K. Chesterton, and relies on biblical messages of hope, faith, and redemption to drive the stories and characters.

At first, when I read that this book is in the same realm as The Harry Potter books, I thought, no way, not possible.  I was shocked to find out how much I enjoyed this book.  It's an adventure from cover to cover. 


AMG Publishers
August 13, 2010
248 pages 
$14.99 US






Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from AMG Publishers/Living Ink Books.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment