Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Joy Ride

I don't know why but lately I just want to get in the car and drive.  I don't have a destination in mind and I'm not sure how long I want to be gone, but my instinct is telling me to take off.  Do you ever feel that way?  Do you ever just want to get away from it all?  I don't mean I want to disappear, I would definitely tell my family that I was leaving and that I'm not sure how long I will be gone.  I used to do that when I was a teen.  I would just get in the car and drive but usually after a few hours I was ready to go home.  Maybe I just need some time to myself with some of my favorite music.  All I know is, I miss those days.      

With my luck, if I did that now, my family would call the police and give them my Number Plates and my joy ride would be over.  It wouldn't matter to them that I told them I was going for a long ride to who knows where.  They are a lot like me and worry about the ones they love.     



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment