Saturday, December 3, 2011

#HGG Review: LG 47LV4400 47-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV

This year for Christmas my husband and I decided to do a joint gift to ourselves.  We both have been wanting a new TV for our living room and decided it was time for an upgrade from our 32-inch 720p LCD TV.  After much deliberation, we splurged and purchase a LG 47LV4400 47-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV.

I was at the Half Price Bookstore looking for something new to read when I received a call from my hubby informing me in a very excited voice that the TV had just been delivered.  He asked if he could set it up or if I wanted him to wait for me.  I told him he could go ahead and get it working that I was still looking for a new read.

When I walked through the front door, he was messing with the settings and looked happier than I have seen him in a long time.  Boys and their toys.  What am I saying, I was just as thrilled as he was!  We ended up going to my father-in-laws with a whole Pumpkin Pie and asked if we could borrow some of his Blu-ray movies.  We knew that he had good collection and wanted to put our new purchase to the test. 

PhotobucketWhen we got back home, we put in Transformers: Dark of the Moon and were both drooling over the picture quality and clarity.  The next day we watched Avatar.  For both films, it was like a whole new viewing experience and I have to say that I'm in a love!  The TruMotion 120Hz makes a big difference when you're watching a movie that has a whole lot of action.  The 47-inch LG was the perfect present because we couldn't be happier.  Well, maybe if we had surround sound (hint, hint companies and public relations agencies).  Sorry, couldn't resist =)

Photobucket
James and I are both addicted to video games and because I'm such a loving wife, I let my husband play a game on there first. I was eager to see how the picture quality would differ for games, especially because the television has it's own game setting already programmed.  He chose to play Infamous 2.  I was originally only going to watch him play for like ten minutes and then get on the computer or read a book.  The graphics looked so good though that they put me in a trance and before I knew it two hours had passed.

If you're looking for the perfect gift for yourself or someone else and can afford it, I highly, highly recommend this television.  It's a great item, especially for avid movie-watchers, video game players and sports fans.


Disclosure: I did not receive any form of compensation for this post.  If you make a purchase using my link, I will receive compensation.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review - I've been looking for a TV and this one looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tghanks for the review. I am looking into get a tv when i can afford it and i think Lg Tv's would be the best choice! CIAwoman66@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete