Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Paying For Your Education

One of my best friends is going to college!  I am so proud of her for taking these steps to give her a better education and more options for her future.  When she came to me and told me that she was thinking about enrolling in college, I could not contain my excitement.  She was torn because she doesn't have anyone to help her with tuition, so she will be doing this all on her own. I told her about my senior year of high school and how I received grants by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. They didn't pay for everything but they did help with a good chunk.  The great thing about grants is that you don't have to worry about paying them back. 

Student loans on the other hand do have to be paid back.  I told Tina to do her research to make sure that she found the best student loans at studentloan.com.  It's a good idea to find out about all of your options and make an informed decision.  This is a decision that will affect you for the rest of your life, so it shouldn't be taken lightly.  Investing in your future is a great idea and it's wonderful that there are programs and loans to help students out. 

I'm so proud of Tina and can't wait to hear all about her first day, first semester and most of all, celebrating her graduation.  I should probably start planning the party now, because it's going to have to be a big one!  She has some hard work ahead of her but if anyone can do it, she can.  She is setting a great example and I can't wait to see the payoff!  I love you girl and I'm here if you need anything! 

Disclosure: This is a paid post. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

3 comments:

  1. what a wonderful- yet tough- decidion! i think it's great! i'm glad you gave usthe link to that grant page as i've been thinking about going back to get my masters.

    annae07 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you are saying about student loans. I started back to school 18 months ago and I am seeking a Bachelor's degree. You have to be very careful in choosing what type of loans best suit your needs. Thanks for the informatron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got two in college now plus a little one at home. Believe me every little bit helps (like blog giveaways!). In addition to your suggestions some colleges also help with a work study programs. Both my kids have jobs on campus.

    ReplyDelete