Thursday, November 5, 2009

Review: Charlie and Mama Kyna by Diana Rumjahn



I've loved books all of my life. My mom and dad still remind me that at 18 months I would bring them a stack of books and they would have to read all of them to me. Guests would come over and ask if they could read me a book. Little did they know that to me reading a book was reading ten books. One of the reasons I am who I am today is because of what I have learned from a book. This is one of the many things that my nephew and I have in common. He isn't satisfied with just one book either. I'm always trying to find books that I think he will enjoy because reading can take you so many places that you would otherwise never even know about. To see his smile when I bring him a book is worth all the money in the world to me.

Anyway, about this book... Charlie the frog breaks his mothers vase and decides to run away. He meets Leo the lion and Joe the giraffe and they become instant friends. Eventually, Charlie becomes homesick and the three pals set off to find Charlie's mom.

This is an adorable story that teaches children about friendship and how to make decisions for themselves. I was very impressed with both the story and the pictures. I had to read this book five times before Damien started playing with legos.



Book Information:
Charlie and Mama Kyna
BookSurge Publishing
9781419656873
January 2009
38 pages
$15.99 US

Visit Diana's website



Disclosure: I received a copy of this book so that I could write an honest review.






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment