Sunday, October 18, 2009

Review: The Invisible City by Emili Rosales



King Charles III envisioned building a second capital city and put his dream in writing. An architect ends up possessing this masterpiece and brings it to a gallery for Emili to take a look at. It turns out that the setting for the second capital city is the same place Emili used to play in when he was young. Emili is soon sucked into this unknown world and will be forever changed because of it.

I was instantly hooked because this is a fabulous book! Emili is an extremely talented story-teller.

Q & A with Emili

When did you know that you wanted to be a writer?
When I was a teenager!

Who has been your biggest inspiration?
I read many poetry at that time: Leopardi, Baudelaire, Emily Dickinson... some great Catalan poets like Espriu, Riba.

How do you create the characters in your books? Are they based on people you know?
They are not real people I know but people that walk with me and breath with me; people that become very close to me, although they don't exist...

What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Perhaps it is a diferent book for everyone. But do we see life in the same way after having read Shakespeare, Tolstoi, Dante?

If you weren’t a writer, what be your profession?
In fact, I am also an editor; and I have worked as teacher, journalist, critic...

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have 3 things, what would they be?
Why things? Why only 3? Why an island? Could we negotiate?

What is your favorite movie of all time?
I haven't taken a decision... but I liked Casablanca, I liked Cinema Paradiso. I like Woody Allen.

What is the one thing that you want all your fans to know?
Everything should be inside the novel, the novels. But say I'd like they know there is passion behind my novels.

If you could invite 5 people to dinner, who would they be and why?
Let me be practical... What about 5 main British bookshops directors? In few days my book will reach their bookstores...

Book Information:
The Invisible City by Emili Rosales
Alma Books
9781846880902
288 pages



REMEMBER:
+100 Make a purchase using the icon below, email me the receipt at bjhopper(at)me(dot)com and receive 100 extra entries (per item) into the giveaway of your choice. This goes for both of my blogs.

+100 entries for each item purchased from my Amazon aStore (at the top of my blog). You can use those entries in any of my giveaways (both blogs). All you need to do is email me at bjhopper(at)me(dot)com your receipt and let me know how you want to use your entries.


Disclosure: Alma Books provided me with a copy of this book so that I could write an honest review.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment