Sunday, January 24, 2010

Going For A Swim

There are a lot of people in my family have health conditions that hinder them from regular exercise. I have some medical problems that cause me to hurt all over, all the time. The pain sometimes is unbearable and it takes all of my strength to get out of bed. When you think about how much pain your body is in after a workout, it's natural to talk yourself out of a workout. Trust me, if you felt my pain, you would be tempted to stop exercising too. One alternative is the water treadmill. Water soothes muscles, even if you are constantly working them.

Visiting a Swim Spa is on my to-do list. I could spend hours working out if there is water involved. I love the burn in my muscles when it isn't accompanied by pressure on my bones. I am twenty-seven and I feel like I'm forty. Each day the pain gets worse, I think it's about time that I try out some aquatic therapy equipment. I have been told that if I lose some weight, my body will feel better. It is kind of hard to do that though when you wake up feeling like every piece of your body has been slammed against a brick wall.

I have some friends who have similar conditions and they react the same way I do to exercise. We would love to do it but sometimes the pain is so great that we let that get in the way. We should get together and go to some Swim Spas and try to remember what it feels like to feel good.

Disclosure: This post is brought to you by www.hydroworx.com/.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fibromyalgia? From one sufferer to another, I understand.

    And yes, water makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete