Friday, January 29, 2010

Review: Elvis 75 Anniversary Box Set


In celebration of Elvis's 75th Anniversary, Sony Legacy has released an Elvis 75 - Good Rockin' Tonight box set. The set includes 4 CD's that hold a total of 100 songs. I grew up listening to Elvis with my parents and I can still remember how I felt when I would see him on TV. Mom would be playing a movie and once I caught a glimpse of Elvis's face, I would drop whatever I was doing just to stare at the screen. Music is more than just sounds, it invokes emotion and I don't know if there has been anyone more capable of speaking to my soul than Elvis. This is a must have for all fans.


Disc 1 includes hits from 1953-1957
Disc 2 includes hits from 1958-1962
Disc 3 includes hits from 1963-1969
Disc 4 includes hits from 1970-1977

This set includes hits like:

All Shook Up
Jailhouse Rock (one of my personal favorites)
Hound Dog
Love Me Tender


Check out the full title list here.

Visit Elvis's website.

Disclosure: I was provided with the 1 disc version of this CD so that I could write an honest review.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment