Friday, January 22, 2010

Making A House A Home

Living in a place that has bad winter storms can be a total pain. There have been mornings that I have went out to my car and had to scrape through a foot of ice. By the time I get the car cleared off, I'm so cold I can barely breathe. It's bad enough wading through the snow to get to my car, standing in it for twenty minutes trying to clear everything off can be brutal. From now on, I need a garage with some carport kits. Just in case something happens and the garage is full, I need a place to put my car when the weather is going to be a pain. It would also be a great place to keep the grill.

When my husband and I went Christmas shopping a couple of months ago, we had a terrible time trying to find the perfect present for his dad. We searched everywhere and we kept coming up empty. Finally, we flat out asked him what he wanted for Christmas and after several "I don't need anything" answers, he told us that he was interested in having one of those clock thermometers. We found him one that not only had the time and temperature but it also calculated humidity and gave a forecast. I could not believe all the features this little gadget had. Needless to say, he was thrilled with his gift and put it up right away.

I am always trying to come up with ways to change my home and give it a new-type of feel. When I was younger I always wanted to have gargoyles on my house with a set of matching gargoyle door knockers. My husband found one that had a dragon on it and that would look really good on our front door too. Can you tell that I like fantasy stuff? Next I'll be telling you all that I want a bridge leading up to my house that is surrounded by a moat. I actually would like that but I don't see it happening in the near future. Maybe in my next life.

Disclosure: This post is brought to you by www.outdora.com.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment