Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Looking Out


Almost everyone who knows me knows that I love to read.  My family used to read to me all the time and when I was two years old, I had memorized the majority of the books I had.  I even knew when to turn the pages.  There is something about holding a book in my hand that makes me feel like everything will be alright.

As I have aged, I have realized how important it is to be surrounded by beautiful things.  I'm not talking about making extravagant purchases to show off.  I'm talking about having a little piece of nature in view. I have been thinking about getting a couple of window boxes for a while now. Some beautiful flower boxes around my windows would be soothing.

What does reading and having a windowbox have to do with each other? Well, when I read, I normally take a pause in between chapters to reflect on what I have read. I normally end up focusing on something and it would be great to look at some beautiful daisies while thinking about the book in my hand.

Disclosure: This post is brought to you by www.windowboxplanters.com. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment