Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Spotlight - Albert G.D. Johnson III


SYNOPSIS:

But little did he know that not only can he communicate with these dark creatures, but they can interact with him too. In fact, they intend to use him as the key to enter our world forever, strengthen their numbers, recruit human soldiers and declare war on all of Earth. Through David, they will rise and conquer with him as their human leader. It is his fate, or so they thought.

In this world, when you run and hide from your destiny, it will find you whether you are ready or not. Then the question that remains is…what in this world are you afraid of?

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against …the rulers of the darkness of this world…
Ephesians 6:12




GUEST POST - My Biggest Influence

My biggest influence by far has to be my mother and father. It’s difficult to choose only one of them. I don’t discuss this topic often, but at a very young age I was told by my mother that my father, Albert G. Johnson Jr. was not my biological father. My father and mother met when I was an infant so he’s always been in my life. He adopted me when I was around 5 years old and I took his name. And although I have no memory of him not being in my life, this discovery had a huge affect on my life, even as a child and I often struggled with my identity. But as I grew older, I watched my dad closely, saw how strong of a person he was and witnessed the sacrifices he made for his family. And this made me appreciate him, my talents and my accomplishments all the more.

My mother, Sherma Reed-Johnson, will always be my biggest fan no matter what’s going on in my life. I was very athletic in my youth and joined many sports teams and leagues growing up. I can count on one hand the number of games and events both my mom and dad have missed combined and they have always made themselves available to support me whether sports related or not. My mother has been through a lot throughout her own life and is one of the strongest people I know. Besides being my mother, she is also one of my closest friends and I feel that we can talk about almost anything. She has never been hesitant to tell me what’s on her mind and never hesitant to straighten me out when I needed a good talking to.

One of the Ten Commandments is honor your father and mother and I hold this commandment dear to my heart. I admire my parents for being my biggest supporters and for them being there when I needed them the most. They were there for me through the good times and the dark times. They have raised me well and because of them and my faith, I have a good foundation. They are what matters to me most and I can credit them for all of my dreams, aspirations and past accomplishments. I am truly proud and blessed to have such wonderful and loving parents.

Visit the website

No comments:

Post a Comment