Thursday, September 16, 2010

Review: Homeboy's Soul by Don Armijo & Fred Stawitz



Cruise the barrio with a vato loco. Face the deadly consequences of a movida on a rival gang. Share the private thoughts and fears of a real-life Chicano child turned killer. Live the most pervasive and misunderstood lifestyle in America--gangbanging! And the challenge? Do it all without dying!

I really enjoyed this book.  I’ve heard so many stories about gang-life and while it’s fascinating, it also poses a real threat, especially for young people who will do whatever it takes to fit in.  I thought the writing was great.



PublishAmerica



March 1, 2010


318 pages


$29.95 US



Visit the website
 
Check out my interview with the author

Fred is on Facebook








Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment