Monday, September 13, 2010

Review: Last to Die by Kate Brady



A ruthless killer hides in plain sight, someone no one believes is capable of murder. Within a week, six women will be murdered, all punished for their dark pasts. Detective Dani Cole is determined to track down this serial killer whose victims include a young woman she pulled out of a life of crime. Her investigation leads her to a photography foundation and the renowned photographer Mitch Sheridan, a man she she fell in love with years ago but has tried to forget. Dani and Mitch are instantly attracted to each other again, though their troubled pasts keep them from getting too close. Together, through the course of the investigation, they unearth a dark chain of deception that leads to a killer who is closer than they think.

Kate was added to my favorite author's list after I read One Scream Away.  Her knack for romance and suspense keeps a reader intrigued from cover to cover.  I love Dani and Mitch and I enjoyed helping track down the killer.

Five Fun Facts

1. Mitch Sheridan, the hero in Last to Die, was originally the hero in a romance I wrote when I was still an author-in-search-of-a-genre.

2. When investigating the possibilities for an acid for a villain to use, I had to “come clean” with colleagues in the department of chemistry at the university where I teach, and reveal that in my other life, I write novels

3. I didn’t intend to have a dog in this book but gave one to Dani, the heroine, after my own beloved and elderly dog passed away. Dani needed a softer side, I was apparently feeling lonely for her, and besides, what better way to show heart than to adopt a beat-up pit bull?

4. The physical building on which the JMS Foundation is based is an actual castle in the town where I grew up. When I was a kid, it was a family home, and we were in awe that it had a legitimate ballroom. Now, it’s a fine arts facility known as The Arts Castle.

5. Mitch’s car, a pearl-white 1968 Barracuda, has been sitting in my garage for years. It’s the project-car I bought my husband for our first anniversary. He works on it whenever time allows — about every other Father’s Day.

Forever Special Release 
9780446541534
9/1/2010
432 pages
$6.99/$7.99

Visit Kate's website
Like Kate on Facebook
Read my One Scream Away review








Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from Hachette Book Group.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment